STARFIELD at XBox Showcase... DUDE!

Starfield NEWS and NEW INFO
RIPP1138
Site Admin

There's more to this and I'll add when I can find it... Todd talked about character customization, and of course

FLYING AND SPACE COMBAT

The first thing *I* notice when I see this gameplay video, is just how much Fallout DNA there is still in there. The locked box/door mechanics, The HUD, how the mobs look and act, hell just the mechanics of the game engine. Add in the base construction, and a slew of other details, and its obvious its not a "completely new engine".... shit there's a sequence where the character is "entering" a workbench and I swear to god its the same animation as in Fallout 76.

So are we just getting "Fallout in space"?

IDK. Another thing you'll immediately notice is the uh... "similarities" between the exploration mechanic and No Man's Sky. I was like DDUUUUDE TODD YOU CANT BE THAT OBVIOUS.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still really excited for this and can't wait to play it. But I'm not sure its really the "revolutionary" title we've been led to believe. Bigger? yeah. Better? Probably. IDK. I felt like it borrowed from the Outer Worlds a bit, also. I'm just kinda like, "OK, so about what we thought it would be then....."

What say you?

.... Section on Character customization will go here ...

.. Section on space combat will go here ...

.. did I miss anything ? ...
RIPP1138
Site Admin

heh the customization and flight stuff is actually in that video. doh.
Sankari
Starfield Gamertag: Starjumper

It looks like a real deal to me. I was expecting as its debut Bethesda is gonna take it easier. Bethesda's biggest game yet? It sure looks like bigger than Fallout 4.